Have you ever wondered how you could connect with your LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and/or Google+ connections on a different level? Maybe, speaking to them on the phone…networking and helping one another out?
That’s how Virtual Cup of Coffee comes in to play. This simple invitation helps you meet your connections through an easy networking invitation to chat virtual. You simply invite your social media connection to have a “Virtual Cup of Coffee Chat”
Send a simple message like this to your connection: “Hi -I’d like to learn more about what you do to we can somehow be a resource to one another, build our networks and not just be another Connection…. I’d love to have a Virtual Cup of Coffee chat with you!!! Whenever you grab your cup of coffee call me, and I’ll grab my cup. I am available (Date) & (Time) what’s a good time for you?”
Then exchange phone numbers, schedule a time to chat over the phone or internet and voila! It is not meeting in person but utilizing your virtual tools to set up a virtual meeting: phone; Skype; Google +; anymeeting, conference call line… There is no special VCC app to download -Why reinvent the wheel?
During your conversation you each share who you are and what you do; then discuss how you can become a helpful referral resource to one another.
The VCC trend was created to help you break the ice with your social media connection to move from text to a live chat, and introduce yourselves… As you would when networking with any other person face to face.. but now it’s virtual (or over the phone).
If you’re here to network and love to meet new people and make new business connections….join our Virtual Cup of Coffee LinkedIn group. The members in this group are open to connecting with one another and becoming a helpful resource.
- LinkedIn 101 – What you need to know (riverfrontpublicrelations.wordpress.com)
- Bop Design Releases Tips for Targeted Networking via LinkedIn (prweb.com)
- Four Tips for a Powerful LinkedIn Profile (everydayfamily.com)
- Social Media LinkedIn is More Effective for Business (hispanicbusiness.com)
- LinkedIn – is this the new Golf Course in the Business arena (castrol44.wordpress.com)
- When Social Media Aren’t Productivity-Killing Distractions (businessweek.com)
- A Google Plus Overview: Breaking Through Misconceptions (socialmediatoday.com)
- CEOs Avoiding Social Media Are Missing Out | Domo | Blog (domo.com)
- Improving Your Virtual Meetings (clarksvilleonline.com)